Ecuador Travel Guide
Resources, Articles & Tips
- Weather Guide - Offers daily high and lows for popular destinations in the
country...just click scroll down on the left hand side and click on
- Oanda - Currency Converter - Amazing site...has wallet size conversion chart that can be printed
out so you don't have to bumble about with a calculator during your
- Ecuador - Background information on Ecuador with population statistics, a
map, and weather information.
- Ecuador - A Country Profile - From the US Library of Congress, this site includes extensive
historical, geographical, economical, cultural and political
information about Ecuador.
Hotels & Restaurants
- Hotels in Ecuador - Directories of hotels by region, maps, travel services and tourist
- Ahora Hablo! Medical Edition - This medical Spanish book is pocket-sized and includes vocabulary for dental and vision care as well as many specialized areas such as obstetrics and cardiology.
- AmeriSpan Unlimited - AmeriSpan specializes in Spanish Immersion, Volunteer &
Internship programs in Latin America and Spain for travelers and
businesspeople. Currently, there are 40 programs available in 15
News & Culture
- Newspapers of Ecuador - The American Journalism Review's complete listing of Ecuadoran
Newspapers (mostly in Spanish).
- La Hora - Another Ecuadoran daily newspaper online.
- Cuenca - An informative site with links to local newpapers, hotels, and
restaurants in Cuenca. It also offers the daily exchange rate of
Ecuadorian sucres to the dollar. (Available in Español)
Travel & Tourism
- Ecuador - History & Adventure - This site gives background information about the culture, history and
people of Ecuador as well as some of the more popular adventure
tours to the Galapagos, the Coastal Lowlands and the Rainforest.
- Ecuador Explorer - An "in-the-know" online guide to what to do and where to go in
- Ecuador - Brought to by the folks at the Ecuadorian Embassy in D.C., this site
is so filled with helpful details it may answer questions you didn't
even know you had!
- Ecuador Information Packet - From the South American Explorers Club, a good source of travel
information for South and Central America. They operate a
"clubhouse" for members in Quito, Ecuador and provide information
on trip planning, travel conditions, maps and guidebooks.
- Travelogues - A library of travel and tourism with an emphasis on personal
- South American Explorers Club - An excellent source of travel information for South and Central
America. With clubhouses in Lima, Peru; Quito, Ecuador; and
Ithaca, New York, the Club provides members with reliable,
up-to-date information on discount airfares, trip planning, travel
conditions, and everything else you need to know for your trip or
- Moon Travel Handbook-Ecuador - Ecuador offers visitors to South America the best the whole
continent has to offer, all in one country, and all within a single day's
- Travel-Ecuador - A list of resources from Nerd World Media. Includes information
about adventure tours to the Galapagos Islands; bed & breakfasts
throughout Ecuador; and insider tours through the jungle and off the
- Ecuaventura - Comprensive guide to all the resources needed by tourists visiting Ecuador, from cafeterias to hotels, and from how to rent a car to the best destinations in the country.
Ecuador Travel Articles
Tres Leches (Recipes) - Tres Leches means 3 milks and gets its name from the 3 different kinds of milk added to make the cake. It is a popular dessert in many Latin American countries.
Peep, peep, peep (Cultural) - Set within the fabric of a personal cultural experience, this article is a provocative and thoughtful reminder of the fragility of life; both in Latin America and in the United States. A must read for thoughtful people!
AmeriSpan Contest: Tips and Best Practices (AmeriSpan Staff Commentary) - It is not too late to win the race for one of the Kindles or to have a very good chance in the grand prize drawing. This article will show you what to do to take become a lead in 1 week. which includes an iPod Touch, Flip Video camera, study abroad programs, language learning aids and travel gear.
Cesaria Evora (Music Reviews) - AmeriSpan's Carol LaMastra reviews Cesaria Evora: Café Atlantico and lists a couple of runner-ups.
The Fruit and the Root (Learning A language) - Is the life of a tree in the fruit or in the root? What does this have to do with learning Spanish? A LOT! If you want to understand "the root" of the issue, this article is a must read.
The Four Secrets to Long Term Retention... (Learning A language) - What you learn here has the potential to completely change your life! I have specifically applied these four secrets to the development of all Bilingual America Learning Courses. and have found over and over that students who follow these "Four Secrets To Long Term Retention" achieve outstanding results.
Tips for Traveling Inexpensively (AmeriSpan Staff Commentary) - These days, from the weak dollar to the outrageous airfares, traveling abroad may seem out of the question. We beg to differ! There are many ways you can travel that are budget-friendly. We’ve gathered together some of our favorite cheap travel tips to help you make your trip a reality!