Venezuela Travel Guide
Resources, Articles & Tips
- Weather Guide - Offers daily high and lows for popular destinations in the country....just click scroll down on the left hand side and click on "Venezuela."
- Passport Info - A helpful "how to" site for American citizens interested in applying for a passport.
- Oanda - Currency Converter - Amazing site...has wallet size conversion chart that can be printed out so you don't have to bumble about with a calculator during your trip.
- CIA Fact Book - The U.S. Central Intelligence Agencies Fact Book for Venezuela.
Hotels & Restaurants
- Zoom and Go - A listing of hotels as rated by its members. Not many pictures, but lots of information.
- AmeriSpan Unlimited - AmeriSpan specializes in Spanish Immersion, Volunteer & Internship programs in Latin America and Spain for travelers and businesspeople. Currently, there are 40 programs available in 15 different countries.
- Languages of Venezuela - The Ethnologue Database. Includes entries on Venezuela's indigenous languages, plus Spanish.
News & Culture
- Planeta urbe - An alternative WebZine about music, tv, tecnology, culture, fashion, politics, and life in latinamerican cities. (Español)
Travel & Tourism
- Eco Voyager - Specializes exclusively in ecological, soft-adventures in Venezuela.
- Natoura - Specializing in Adventure Travel and Ecotourism
Venezuela Travel Articles
Tres Leches (Recipes) - Tres Leches means 3 milks and gets its name from the 3 different kinds of milk added to make the cake. It is a popular dessert in many Latin American countries.
Peep, peep, peep (Cultural) - Set within the fabric of a personal cultural experience, this article is a provocative and thoughtful reminder of the fragility of life; both in Latin America and in the United States. A must read for thoughtful people!
AmeriSpan Contest: Tips and Best Practices (AmeriSpan Staff Commentary) - It is not too late to win the race for one of the Kindles or to have a very good chance in the grand prize drawing. This article will show you what to do to take become a lead in 1 week. which includes an iPod Touch, Flip Video camera, study abroad programs, language learning aids and travel gear.
Cesaria Evora (Music Reviews) - AmeriSpan's Carol LaMastra reviews Cesaria Evora: Café Atlantico and lists a couple of runner-ups.
The Fruit and the Root (Learning A language) - Is the life of a tree in the fruit or in the root? What does this have to do with learning Spanish? A LOT! If you want to understand "the root" of the issue, this article is a must read.
The Four Secrets to Long Term Retention... (Learning A language) - What you learn here has the potential to completely change your life! I have specifically applied these four secrets to the development of all Bilingual America Learning Courses. and have found over and over that students who follow these "Four Secrets To Long Term Retention" achieve outstanding results.
Tips for Traveling Inexpensively (AmeriSpan Staff Commentary) - These days, from the weak dollar to the outrageous airfares, traveling abroad may seem out of the question. We beg to differ! There are many ways you can travel that are budget-friendly. We’ve gathered together some of our favorite cheap travel tips to help you make your trip a reality!