Austria Travel Guide
Resources, Articles & Tips
- Oanda - Currency Converter - This amazing site even has wallet size conversion chart that can be printed out so that you don't have to bumble about with a calculator during your trip.
Getting There & Around
- Vienna's Public Transportation - Vienna has a very well developed public transit system that includes buses, trains, trams and subways. This English-language website has great information about timetables and ticketing.
- Eurail - For non-European residents, buy eurail passes or eurailtickets for train travel within Europe.
Hotels & Restaurants
- Austrian Food and Wine - An interesting website with guides on local coffee, cuisine and wine terms, recipes on traditional fare, and more.
- Reccommended Restaurants - The New York Times Travel Section offers their picks for restaurants in Vienna, complete with reader feedback. When you get back, share your own suggestions for where to eat in Vienna!
- Vienna Hotels Online - Not just for Vienna, you can search for hotels in other Austrian cities as well. The site is very user-friendly!
- Austria Hotels - Search for hotels and other accommodations in Austria with an online booking center.
News & Culture
- Austrian Media Links - A comprehensive list of links to the websites of local and national Austrian newspapers, magazines and other media sources.
- Where to go out in Vienna - According to this commentary on Vienna's nightlife, "there is no need to go to bed, but many reasons to stay up all night." Includes a list of bars and clubs for many different tastes, addresses included.
- Walking Tours of Vienna - Get a better feel for this beautiful city with one or more of their guided walking tours.
Travel & Tourism
- Austria Tourism - The Austrian National Tourist Office in Vienna. Great photos!
- World Travel Guide for Austria - In addition to all you ever wanted to know about food, culture, climate and tourist destinations in Austria, this site has visa and passport specifics that will help you get ready for your trip.
Austria Travel Articles
Tips for Traveling Inexpensively (AmeriSpan Staff Commentary) - These days, from the weak dollar to the outrageous airfares, traveling abroad may seem out of the question. We beg to differ! There are many ways you can travel that are budget-friendly. We’ve gathered together some of our favorite cheap travel tips to help you make your trip a reality!