Japan Travel Guide
Resources, Articles & Tips
- Japan Consular Information Sheet - An official government site with Japan entry requirements, safety and security information, medical insurance, health information, and more.
- The Kabuki Story - Some great information and resources about the art of Kabuki, a type of stylized Japanese dance-drama.
Getting There & Around
Hotels & Restaurants
- Japan Hotels - This site is filled with hotel listings complete with pictures, directions and simple street maps, and a daily currency rate for Europe and the U.S. to calculate room charges.
- Lodging options - A multi-lingual site offering hotel listings and vacation rentals by area and their regional attractions.
- Restaurant Listing - A straightforward yet complete listing of restaurants searchable by region.
- Tokyo Food Guide - A complete bilingual guide to Japanese cuisine and eating in Tokyo, with recipes, culinary travel tips, restaurant listings, and more.
News & Culture
- Japanese Magazine - A quarterly magazine introducing modern Japan to people all over the world. Offered in multiple languages.
Travel & Tourism
- Japan National Tourist Organization - “Your Gateway to Japan”: This invaluable website includes lots and lots of useful tourist information such as illustrated glimpses into Japan’s culture (a must see!), customs and lifestyle, how to eat Japanese style, practical travel guides with attractions maps and much more. A unique traveler’s gem!
- An online travel reference - This site includes an online hotel booking, currency and time zone converters, language translator and general tips and information. They also offer the opportunity to submit your travel pictures and stories or view others’.
Japan Travel Articles
Bridging the Achievement Gap (Learning A language) - Marlo Goldstein, Director of Academic Programs at AmeriSpan, recently attended two conferences focusing Latino issues in North Carolina, the state facing the highest percentage of growth in the latino community. She left the conferences informed and inspired.
Tips for Traveling Inexpensively (AmeriSpan Staff Commentary) - These days, from the weak dollar to the outrageous airfares, traveling abroad may seem out of the question. We beg to differ! There are many ways you can travel that are budget-friendly. We’ve gathered together some of our favorite cheap travel tips to help you make your trip a reality!