Chile Travel Guide
Resources, Articles & Tips
- Weather Guide - Offers daily high and lows for popular destinations in the country....just click scroll down on the left hand side and click on "Chile."
- Passport Info - A helpful "how to" site for American citizens interested in applying for a passport.
- Oanda - Currency Converter - Amazing site...has wallet size conversion chart that can be printed out so you don't have to bumble about with a calculator during your trip.
Hotels & Restaurants
- "How to Speak Chilean Spanish" - A hilarious and accurate article about Chilean Spanish, including some generalizations about the regional dialect and some slang you might hear, especially when speaking with young people.
- AmeriSpan Unlimited - AmeriSpan specializes in Spanish Immersion, Volunteer & Internship programs in Latin America and Spain for travelers and businesspeople. Currently, there are 40 programs available in 15 different countries.
- Languages of Chile - The awesome Ethnologue Database. Includes entries on Chile's many indigenous languages, plus Spanish.
News & Culture
- News of Chile - A listing of general newspapers, English-language newspapers, magazines, television and radio outlets in Chile.
- Pablo Neruda - From the University of Chile - the life and writings of Latin America's most famous (and most romantic) poet. Available in both English and Español.
Travel & Tourism
- Santiago - The city.net guide to Chile's capital city.
- Chilean Patagonia - Brimming with great info. about the Southern most region of Chile. Includes listings of hotels, restaurants, car rentals, and much more!
- China National Tourism Administration - China’s official tourist site including useful information on hotels, shopping,
entertainment, local cuisine, local attractions and festivals. Site also in
- All About Chile - Description of Chile, where to go, traveler's point of view
Chile Travel Articles
Tips for Traveling Inexpensively (AmeriSpan Staff Commentary) - These days, from the weak dollar to the outrageous airfares, traveling abroad may seem out of the question. We beg to differ! There are many ways you can travel that are budget-friendly. We’ve gathered together some of our favorite cheap travel tips to help you make your trip a reality!